Final Meeting of the Interreg NWE-REGENERATIS project
Date(s) for this event
- 12 May 2023 - 10.30am
The final NWE-REGENERATIS workshop will take place in Paris on May 12. This workshop is the culmination of a series of successful events that have been held as part of the NWE-REGENERATIS project. The workshop will run alongside the NICOLE Spring Workshop Paris 2023, which is being organized by the Network for Industrially Co-ordinated Sustainable Land Management in Europe (NICOLE).
The NWE-REGENERATIS project has been running for almost 4 years now, and it has brought together leading researchers, academics, and professionals from around North Western Europe to discuss the latest developments in the field of land and materials resource recovery. The final workshop will provide a platform for the project team to showcase their research findings and share their experiences with other professionals in the field. The workshop will include keynote speeches, presentations, and panel discussions on a range of topics related to resource recovery from Past Metallurgical Sites and Deposits. The event will also provide an opportunity for attendees to network and engage with experts in the field along the NICOLE members too.
The final workshop will take place at Tour Pacific La Défense 11/13 Cours Valmy, 92800 PUTEAUX, FRANCE, which is located in the heart of Paris.
REGENERATIS project – 3-steps methodology on how to recover raw materials from former industrial sites – case study of Duferco site, Belgium
Session I 10:30 – 11:30
- Brief overview of REGENERATIS project
- Site screening to evaluate the site potential for materials recovery
- Innovative identification and characterization of metallurgical residues from a former industrial site using geophysical imaging and resource distribution model
- How to take smart decisions to launch materials recovery project on your site? SMARTIX: a decision support tool based on artificial intelligence
11:30 – 11:45 Coffee break
Session II 11:45 – 12:30
5. How to develop a business case for materials recovery?
6. Materials recovery processes: mineral and metal recovery, eco-catalyst production
7. Lessons learned and wrap-up
12:30 – 14:30 Networking lunch
We hope that you will be able to join us for this exciting event.